COVID 19 Update!
We hope that you have been able to stay healthy and safe during this challenging time of COVID-19. We are looking forward to seeing your smiling faces in the office and have worked hard to implement safety protocols for our office. Although operations will look different, we are committed to providing the same exceptional level of service and quality of care that you have come to expect from The Nashville Smile Team.
Please familiarize yourself with the following information so that we can answer any questions and address any concerns you might have. We understand that there may be some questions about your appointment to the office and we want to do everything we can to make sure you feel as comfortable as possible.
Here is what our team is doing to ensure your safety:
- We are screening all employees with temperature and pulse oximetry checks twice a day.
- All our patient care providers are equipped with protective gear such as N95 or KN95 masks, face shields, gloves, and gown/jackets to minimize contact with germs and viruses.
- Scrubs uniforms are laundered onsite and work shoes do not leave the office.
- All team members will be wearing a mask.
- Protective barriers have been installed in administrative areas where communications would occur with our team.
- Hospital grade HEPA filtration systems have been installed in each treatment room as well as larger units in the common areas.
- High volume suction/scavenging systems will be utilized for any aerosol generating procedure.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures are performed with medical grade disinfectant after each patient appointment.
- Common areas and restrooms are routinely cleaned with a surface disinfectant.
- We will be screening all patients for symptoms of infection during a confirmation call before your visit and again when entering the office.
Here is what we are asking you to do to ensure your safety:
- Reception chairs have been blocked off to promote social distancing. Optionally you may wait in your car and call the office, (615)331-9033, to let us know you have arrived.
- A member of our team will greet you and check your temperature with a touchless infrared thermometer, and a face mask will be provided if you do not have a face covering.
- Sanitizer is available at check in, but you will also be asked to wash your hands upon entry to the treatment room and prior to leaving. We will also ask you to re-mask prior to departure.
- We are asking all patients to rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide because coronavirus is vulnerable to oxidation. This is a completely safe precaution.
- Please call the office to reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing flu like symptoms including fever, cough or newly developed shortness of breath, or if you have had contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19 or recently traveled outside the US.