Transform Your Smile with Lumineers from Nashville Smile Team
Are you interested in improving your smile? Nashville Smile Team can help. Lumineers are a popular cosmetic dentistry choice.
About Lumineers and Veneers
Lumineers and Veneers are thin pieces of durable, tooth shaped porcelain that are custom made (for shape and color) in a professional dental laboratory. They are bonded onto the front of teeth to create a beautiful and attractive smile. Lumineers are one of many types of ultra-thin veneers. Thinner veneers have been a breakthrough in cosmetic dentistry. In the past dentists would need to remove enamel from the tooth’s surface to allow for the thickness of veneer, up to 1.5 millimeters. Patients would need to be numbed and would sometimes experience sensitivity since the protective layer of enamel was missing. Many dentists still practice this today.
The continuing evolution of dental materials has allowed for veneers to become thinner and stronger all the while maintaining a smooth glass like texture and sheen to look and feel like natural enamel. Ultra-thin veneers including Lumineers are as thin as a contact lens, roughly 0.2 mm thick, allowing the natural tooth to be preserved under the veneer. Veneers can completely reshape your teeth and smile. They can often be alternatives to crowns and the ideal solution in correcting many smile deficiencies.
Lumineers: No-Prep Veneers
Thin porcelain veneers are placed over existing teeth without having to remove painful tooth structure (unlike older veneers.) Dr. Kristin Rushing may roughen the surface of the teeth prior to your treatment, but numbing is not necessary. This creates more surface texture and will allow for a better bond when the veneers are placed. Thin veneers including Lumineers are a painless, long lasting cosmetic solution for stained, chipped, discolored or misaligned teeth.
In just 2-3 visits to Dr. Rushing’s dental office, you can have a custom-made smile with your natural tooth structure is still intact!
- Contact-Lens-Thin to Save Your Tooth Structure
- No shots or anesthetic required — procedure is entirely pain-free
- Little to no reduction of tooth structure – you keep your natural teeth intact!
- Minimal preparation required
- No post-operative sensitivity
- Only two visits necessary
- Extremely natural-looking because they are so thin (approximately .2 mm) and translucent
- No temporaries required
- Restore and strengthen teeth. Help prevent wear
- Stronger and more durable than cosmetic bonding
- A viable alternative to braces in many cases
- Can be placed over crowns and rejuvenate old dental bridge work
- No micro-leakage or micro-cracking
- Dental financing available
Find Out More About Lumineers from Nashville Smile Team
Dental veneers, Lumineers, and other options for a smile makeover are available from the office of Dr. Kristin Rushing. Nashville Smile Team strives for minimally invasive comfortable dentistry with great results. Contact us to book a consultation to discuss Lumineers or other cosmetic dental treatments. We can also help with you general and restorative dentistry needs, too. Please call (615) 455-8775. We look forward to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams.